The Dental Forum of Milwaukee Business Meeting Agenda
April 14, 2017
Secretary Report: Dr. Michael Waliszewski
· Attendance roll call and report.
o RSVP list =
· Quorum status:
o >20 members for business
o 50% of membership plus 1 for membership issues (25)
· Reading of business meeting minutes from 03/10/2017.
· Review of important deadlines:
o MAY: New member election.
o MAY: Vote on approved budget for 2017-2018.
Treasurer Report: Drs. Jerry Jelacic and John Moser
· Current balances:
· Current liabilities:
· Outstanding accounts receivables:
Program Committee Report:
2016-2017: Dr. Tom LaSelle
2017-2018: Dr. Angela Lueck
2018-2019: Dr. Gary Stafford
Finance Committee Report:
Drs. Bill Crinzi (Chair)
· Discussion on proposed budget for 2017-2018:
o Near full membership likely
· Members were provided a copy of the budget at March business meeting
· Open discussion today, official vote to take place at May meeting (per bylaws)
Membership Committee Report:
Drs. Ken Zganjar (Chair)
· Summary from Membership Committee report from meeting on 03/10/2017
· Slate of Officers for Election Program Year 2017-2018
o (Co-)Presidents: Dr. William Crinzi and Dr. Jerry Jelacic
o President-elect: Dr. Michael Waliszewski
o Treasurer: Dr. John Moser to complete last year.
§ Note Dr. Jerry Jelacic will serve as Treasurer for 3 year term at completion of Dr. Moser’s term (and end of his co-president term)
o Secretary: Dr. Tom LaSelle
· Non-elected positions:
o Membership Committee opening: Dr. Kevin Race
o Program Chair opening for 2019-2020: Dr. David Kachelmeyer
· NEW MEMBER ELECTIONS AT MAY MEETING:
o There are ten (10) membership openings.
o Two candidates are from outside the five county area however, there is no chance of exceeding the 20% ‘Outside Milwaukee area’ limit
· The following twelve (12) new member candidate applications have been approved by Membership Committee (see handout with applications)
§ Thomas Albiero
§ Jeffrey Burke
§ Shaheda Govani
§ Meggie Graham
§ Monica Hebl
§ Alan Kimmel
§ Andris Jaunberzins
§ Mark Lenz
§ Eddie Morales
§ Soni Prasad
§ Lisa Teel
§ John Triggs
· Reminder to candidate sponsors about statements of support.
· Brief explanation of election process to occur at May meeting.
Webmaster: Dr. John Moser
· Website issue update
WFMGO: Drs. Robert Feider and Gus Tiboris
· VENUE CHANGES for THIS YEAR: Dr. Angela Lueck
o Oct: MAC $3,200.00
o Nov: MAM $3,111.64
o Jan: Kimptom $5,454.88
o March: Potawatomi Hotel $3,434.10
o April: Discovery World
o MAY: MAC
· Bylaw change proposals:
The constitution may be amended by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the members present, provided to proposed amendment shall have been presented in writing and signed by five (5) active members, thirty (30) days prior to said meeting.
· Discussion regarding proposal for Bylaws change to remove the Treasurer from the line of succession but still serve on the Executive Committee (Article I Section 3 Treasurer). Members were provided a copy of proposed change at March business meeting.
o Vote required:
· Discussion regarding Proposal for Bylaws change to replace current attendance policy (Article VI Non-Attendance). Members were provided a copy of proposed change at March business meeting.
o Vote required:
· Discussion regarding Proposal for Bylaws change to remove the requirement that a candidate for membership be a member in good standing with the ADA (Article II Section 1 Active Membership). Members were provided a copy of proposed change at March business meeting.
o Vote required:
· Plan for long business meeting at May meeting:
o 12 new members to review, discuss, elect
o Vote on 2017-2018 budget
o Vote on long-term venue