The Dental Forum
November 11, 2011
Dr. Jennifer Abraham, a past president, presided over the business meeting at the Milwaukee Athletic club. The meeting was called to order around 3:10pm. The minutes from the October 14, 2011 meeting were approved by a majority vote.
Secretary’s Report (Dr. James Hove)
• Attendance: 37 active, 5 life, 6 prosthodontic residents, 4 AEGD residents, 22 guests and 4 dental students for a total of 78. Also present were 3 Nobel Biocare representatives as their company helped sponsor our speaker, Dr. Kan.
• No correspondence was received.
Treasurer’s Report (Dr. Robert Hafner acting for Dr. Nancy Larson)
• Balance: as of November 11, 2011 is $91,915.35.
• Dues statement: Presently there are 5 active members that have not paid, please respond accordingly.
Program Report (Dr. John Scheels)
• 2011 - 2012: Dr. John Scheels reported on the speakers for January 13, 2012. They will be Dr. Hart on surgical guides, Dr. Curtis on sleep apnea, Dr. Sohnle on infectious disease and Dr. Kris Olson on endodontic updates.
Also note the date change for the March, 2012 to the third Friday of the month.
• 2012 - 2013: Dr. Mike Kopecky explained there are no new updates at this time.
• Holiday Party: (Dr. Lisa Koenig)
February 3, 2012 is the date and Dr. Paul Mahn will provide the entertainment.
• WFMO: (Drs. Gus Tiboris and Robert Feider)
Options for Golf Outing are the 4th or 11th of June, 2012. Location options are Oconomowoc, The Blog or Pine Hills. Please let them know if you have a preference.
• 100th Anniversary Celebration: (Dr. Mike Karczewski)
Presently no updates.
Membership Report: (Dr. Mark Huberty for Dr. Hank Rossi III)
• Applications for new membership are due by January 13, 2012 meeting. Please forward them to the Secretary as soon as possible.
• Life and Associate Life Membership application are also due to the Secretary by January 13, 2012.
• Please continue to invite guests to attend our Scientific Meetings.
Webmaster Report: (Dr. John Moser)
• Continue to send digital information and photos to Dr. Moser.
Librarian/Forum Sage: (Dr. Ken Waliszewski)
• No new information at this time.
• All will be tabled until January, 2012 meeting at which time many of our key members will have returned from the Wisconsin Dental Association House of Delegates Meeting in Kohler, WI.
• None reported at this time.
• Meeting was adjourned by Dr. Jennifer Abraham with a unanimous vote at 3:30pm.
James C. Hove, DDS
James C. Hove, DDS