THE DENTAL FORUM SCEINTIFIC MEETING MINUTES
Friday, April 8, 2016
Meeting was called to order by president Dr. John Scheels at 8:45am. Dr. Scheels introduced Dr. Mike Waliszewski, program chairman, who introduced our guest speakers for the day.
Dr. Warren Libman
EVOLUTION OF COMPONENTS
Transmucosal Abutments, External Hex Implants, etc.: Several cases showing the advantages and short comings of the different early implant components were presented.
The Abutment Evolution:
· Stock Abutments
· Modified Stock Abutments
· Custom Abutments: Gold, Silver, Zirconia, Hybrid Abutments.
MATERIAL SHORTCOMINGS - PROBLEMS
· Porcelain Fractures increased with Implant restored Crowns. Solutions are metal occlusal and lingual surfaces. Force technician to do a full contoured wax up. Also monolithic Zirconia.
· Denture Base Fractures. Solutions are properly designed metal frameworks.
· Hybrid Metal Framework Fractures.
· Denture Tooth Wear. Denture teeth were never designed for Implants. Denture tooth wear leads to denture tooth fractures. Solutions are use of Viso-line Teeth. A composite veneer type design.
LONGTERM CHANGES (NO “DO-OVERS”)
· Opening of contacts due to skeletal remodeling.
· Poor planning.